(Collagen Induction Therapy)
The newest treatment to Infinity Medical Institute’s office is an innovative procedure to rejuvenate aging skin and reduce acne scars, enlarged pores, and stretch marks. The Dermapen is a fractional micro-needling device with a unique spring-loaded needle tip. This sterile tip uses an automated, vibrating stamp-like motion that makes extremely small holes in the outer layers of the skin. This helps to stimulate collagen production, thereby improving the appearance of your skin, allowing you to achieve:
- Skin tightening and lifting
- Reduced lines and wrinkles
- Smoothing of scars and stretch marks
- Minimizing visible pores
The Dermapen can also be used to help deliver topical anti-aging treatments deeper into the skin. It doesn’t matter how good a topical treatment is if it just sits on the top of the skin. By combining Dermapen with topical anti-oxidant and vitamin treatments, you can improve the efficacy of your skin care treatments.
This treatment may be performed by our licensed medical aesthetician to provide rejuvenation of your face and body. Deeper and more aggressive treatments can be performed by Infinity Medical Institute’s medical staff.
PRP Infusion with the Dermapen delivers maximum facial tissue and vascular rejuvenation. Using your own Body’s platelets containing stem cell growth factors we are able to restore a renewed dermal foundation drastically evening skin tone, building collagen and reducing wrinkles.
What is the downtime associated with a Dermapen treatment?
There is little to no downtime after a Dermapen treatment. You can expect redness and sensitivity for 3-5 days after an aggressive treatment.
What do I need to do before and after my Dermapen treatment?
Prior to treatment:
- Do not use any topical prescriptions (Triluma, Retin-A, Tretinoin etc…) for 24 hours
- No sunburn in the treatment area
- Skin should be clean and makeup free
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before, treatment may need to be rescheduled.
After your Dermapen:
- Take precautions against sun exposure; do not apply sunscreen for 12 hours after the Dermapen treatment due to the skin’s channels being open for a period of time.
- Do not apply makeup for 12 hours after treatment
- Dermpen may trigger a cold sore response in patients and a prophylaxis medication may be recommended for those who are prone to breakouts.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 10 days if possible.
- Avoid Retin-A or any exfoliating products for 3-4 days
Is the Dermapen treatment painful?
Our patients find the Dermapen treatment to be very comfortable. Some areas like the nose and the forehead may be more sensitive than others, and numbing cream can be applied prior to treatment to help diminish any discomfort.
Before & After Micro Needling Photos